The secrets of our home galaxy revealed with all new state oif the art computer recreations from JPL and NASA.
Massive Outflows Pouring Out Of Milky Way’s Center
by Lee Rannals for redOrbit.com
Astronomers using CSIRO’s 210-feet Parkes radio telescope in eastern Australia have found monstrous outflows of charged particles coming from the center of our galaxy.
The researchers said that the outflows contain an extraordinary amount of energy, reaching about a million times the energy of an exploding star.
Although the outflows are shooting out at over 600 miles per second, they pose no danger to Earth or the solar system.
“They are not coming in our direction, but go up and down from the galactic plane,” said CSIRO’s Dr. Ettore Carretti. “We are 30,000 light-years away from the galactic center, in the plane. They are no danger to us.”
|The new-found outflows of particles (pale blue) from the galactic Center. The background image is the whole Milky Way at the same scale. The curvature of the outflows is real, not a distortion caused by the imaging process. Credit: radio image — E. Carretti (CSIRO); radio data — S-PASS team; optical image — A. Mellinger (Central Michigan University); scientific imager, E. Bressert (CSIRO)|
The outflows extend 50,000 light-years from top to bottom out of the galactic plane, which equals half the diameter of the Milky Way.
Astronomers said the outflows stretch about two-thirds across the sky from horizon to horizon, and correspond to a “haze” of microwave emission previously spotted by the WMAP and Planck space telescopes.
These telescopes did not provide enough evidence to indicate definitively the source of the radiation they detected, but the new Parkes observations do.
“The options were a quasar-like outburst from the black hole at the galactic center, or star-power — the hot winds from young stars, and exploding stars,” said team member Dr. Gianni Bernardi of the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics. “Our observations tell us it’s star-power.”
The outflows appear to have been driven by many generations of stars forming and exploding in the galactic center over the past hundred million years. In order to determine this, astronomers had to measure the outflows’ magnetic fields.
“We did this by measuring a key property of the radio waves from the outflows — their polarization,” said team member Dr. Roland Crocker of the Max-Planck-Institut fuer Kernphysik in Heidelberg, Germany, and the Australian National University.
The latest observations of the outflows help to answer one of astronomy’s biggest questions about our galaxy: how it is able to generate and maintain its magnetic field.
“The outflow from the galactic center is carrying off not just gas and high-energy electrons, but also strong magnetic fields,” said team member Dr. Marijke Haverkorn of Radboud University in The Netherlands. “We suspect this must play a big part in generating the galaxy’s overall magnetic field.”
(1) R. McCraty et al., “Modulation of DNA Conformation by Heart-Focused Intention”; HeartMath Research Center, Institute of HeartMath, Publication No. 03-008. Boulder Creek, CA, 2003.
(2) R. McCraty et al., “Electrophysiological Evidence of Intuition: Part 1. The Surprising Role of the Heart”. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine 2004; 10(1): pg 133-143.
(3) J. Motz, “Everyone an Energy Healer: The TREAT V Conference in Santa Fe.” Advances Vol. 9 (1993): pg 95-98.
(4) R. McCraty et al., “Modulation of DNA Conformation by Heart-Focused Intention”; HeartMath Research Center, Institute of HeartMath, Publication No. 03-008. Boulder Creek, CA, 2003: pp. 2.
(5) R. McCraty et. al., “The energetic heart: Bioelectromagnetic interactions within
and between people.” Boulder Creek, CA: HeartMath Research Center, Institute
of HeartMath, Publication No. 02-035, 2002.
(6) J. Clarke, “SQUIDS,” Scientific American (August 1994): pp. 46-53.
(7) R. McCraty et al., “Electrophysiological Evidence of Intuition: Part 1. The Surprising Role of the Heart”. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine 2004; 10(1): pp. 133.
(8) R. McCraty et al., “Electrophysiological Evidence of Intuition: Part 1. The Surprising Role of the Heart”. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine 2004; 10(1): pp. 139.
(9) R. C. Byrd, “Positive Therapeutic Effects of Intercessory Prayer in a Coronary Care Unit Population,” Southern Medical Journal Vol. 81 (1988): pp. 826-829.
(10) Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research. Scientific Study of Consciousness-Related Physical Phenomena. 2010. 8th March 2011 http://www.princeton.edu/~pear/
(11) R.G. Jahn and B.J. Dunne, “Science of the Subjective,” Technical Notes, New Jersey: Princeton University, March 1997: pp. 8
(12) R.G. Jahn, “Information, Consciousness, and Health,” Alternative Therapies Vol. 2 (1996): pp. 34.
(13) Rollin McCraty, Ph.D. (2004). The Energetic Heart: Bioelectromagnetic Communication Within and Between People. Clinical Applications of Bioelectromagnetic Medicine, New York: Marcel Dekker, 2004: 541-562.
THRIVE is an unconventional documentary that lifts the veil on what’s REALLY going on in our world by following the money upstream — uncovering the global consolidation of power in nearly every aspect of our lives. Weaving together breakthroughs in science, consciousness and activism, THRIVE offers real solutions, empowering us with unprecedented and bold strategies for reclaiming our lives and our future.
After watching the movie please visit link below to find out how you can help all of us and Mother Earth to Thrive.